Friday, August 1, 2008

Insurance company: approved

Yay! Yesterday I received the approval for the coverage from my insurance company!!! I am pretty new to this health system, I come from Italy where the health system is public: that means you do not need any approval and you do not pay for surgeries. So I was scared when I received the first letter from the insurance company saying that they needed documents to prove the necessity of this surgery. What???????????I started calling all my "ortho.... team" and lickily they took care of everything and yesterday the good news!!!!!!! I am still writing down a wish list of stuff I might need in the hospital and post surgery. It's difficult to find time with a 6 months old baby ;)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't have any secrets to a speedy recovery. I only had upper jaw done as well as a geniplasty. Apparently, the fact that I didn't have my lower jaw done is a big factor. I eat really healthy, I exercise a lot, and I take all my supplements and vitamins religiously. Use lots of ice packs in the hospital and then change to heat packs when you get home. Get lots of rest and try to take it easy. I'll put some more tips on the Jaw Dropping Blends site soon. Make sure you get everything for the hospital together ahead of time so you don't have to scramble at the last minute and make your last solid meal count!! Don't get too stressed out, I was actually relieved when I got to hospital because I was just ready to get it over with and move on. Feel free to email me anytime. My email is on my profile and on the sister site. Welcome to the club!!

Kam said...

Congratulations on being approved!
It took a lot of stress of the shoulders of me and my mom when we got approval.

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the approval! i had a few issues with my insurance company before they approved everything, so i know how stressful it can be, especially if it's not something you're used to! besides that, i would just enjoy the last few days before surgery- eat crunchy, chewy things that you won't be able to eat for awhile, etc. my experience wasn't really as bad as i was expecting; i only had my upper jaw done. if you have any questions, just let me know :-)

-melissa