Sunday, August 24, 2008

18 days post op

18 days ago I had the surgery. How am I feeling now? Well, I am feeling better, my right side of the lip and chin is still very numb...it's so frustrating when a member of my family looks at me and says : "Carlotta, wipe your chin!" that usually means I have either foam or food sliding down my chin and I do not realize it! My right cheek is also still numb. My left side feels almost like normal. During the day I feel really good but at night when I go to bed I feel like my face is huge and heavy and this is so uncomfortable that sometimes I need to take pain med. There's something else that usually occurs to me and that is pretty weird: sometimes my lower jaw moves quickly by itself, like a spasm (mmmhhhh..I do not know if I can explain it better than this).
Last Tuesday I went to my OD for a visit and he said that the positioning looks fine. The nurses there are very very kind and they said that with my puffy cheeks I look much younger!
Tomorrow I'll go back to work on a regular basis. I do not know if I feel ready for this main;ly for two reasons: I got tired easily and I do not speak properly yet!
Anyway, I can't wait for Thursday to come when I have the appointment with the OS, I am so curious to hear from him how things are going.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're starting to feel better!

I had the lower jaws spasms too, but they seem to have stopped now. It was quite unnerving I must say!

mylene

Kam said...

I know what you mean, when I have the bands on my jaw sometimes does a little "chatter". I think it is just because the muscles in the jaw can't move, so it gets tired and spasms a little.

I get uncomfortable sleeping, too. Mostly because I have to sleep upright and on my back. (Naturally, I sleep flat and on my stomach. So it's hard to sleep the opposite of what your body wants to)

Good luck going back to work. Hopefully everyone is understanding and gentle with you. :)

Michelle said...

How was work? Does it feel good to get back into that routine?

I'm so amazed at how quickly you're healing! I also have those random muscle spasms - they're not fun!

:0)
M