Thursday, August 28, 2008

3 weeks and a day

Today I went to see my OS. He was very happy with my healing...actually he was so happy that he thought my surgery was 6 weeks ago, when I told him it's only been 3 weeks he could not believe it! I asked him if it's normal that I can feel only half of my face while the left side is still pretty numb; he answered that it is normal and that in 3 months at the most it should go away. He also suggested me to start eating soft food such as fish, pasta,...when he said so I explained to him that I can't feel my teeth, in particular the upper ones so I wouldn't know how to eat and he said hehe! don't worry, just do it and practice it very slow and very careful!

This week I started working. I have to say that it is a nice feeling thinking about things that are not related to the surgery, but I noticed that when I am talking with people I always want to talk about the surgery probably because I want to let everybody know why my face is different and why I have rubber bands and extra hardware on my mouth before seeing their strange and questioning look.

I'll post new pics of me soon.

4 comments:

Kam said...

Lucky! I can't chew yet. It's normal to have that feeling. I still can bearly feel my top teeth and the roof of my mouth, and my left side is also more sore than my right.

Yay! I'm so happy that your recovery is going so well!

cookieyum said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Do you still have your family visiting? I'm sure it is difficult, working and recovering, but you sound upbeat, keep it up!

Michelle said...

I can see how your OS would have mistaken you for 6 weeks post-op. Seriously, you heal really quickly! I'm glad to hear things are going smoothly for you!

:0)
M

Kam said...

I hope all is going well! I haven't heard from you in a while! take care! :)