Friday, August 8, 2008

the new me





Today is Day 3 post-op and I definitely feel worse than yesterday, in particular this morning was awful. I feel my lower jaw really heavy, my nose is clogged and it is difficult to swallow. My eyes burn a lot, but I am trying to be strong, patient and happy. My husband took some pictures of me at the hospital. And one yesterday. It's hard to believe but in all of them I was trying to smile. It's so scary: when I look at the mirror I do not recognize myself anymore. Next Wednesday I am going to see my OS, and he should put rubber bands on me. What should I expect? Does it hurt? I can't wait to go back to a normal life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're not even too swollen. Days 2 and 3 are the worst, or at least they were for me. Put ice on your cheeks if you can stand the weight, and be patient! It shouldn't really hurt any more than it is now. Honest! The worst thing is having a clogged up nose. Maybe you ahve one of those sucking things they make to clean up babies' noses? I used a saline spray, it worked wonders.

Don't worry, you'll look human again very soon! :-)

mylene

cookieyum said...

I know Kelley suffered with the stuffy nose and sore throat.
Her doctor had her use Sudafed, a saline nose spray and Afrin. I did get her a nasel aspirator but she didnt want to use it but I understand from reading the blogs that it helps. Kelley also had problems swallowing because of the sore throat. Michelle suggested hot lemonaide, which would help. Hope you feel better soon.
Mo-Mo

Caitlin said...

Humidifiers also help with congestion. Glad your surgery went well!

cookieyum said...

Havent heard from you in a couple of days, hopefully your doing well. Keep in touch.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is big help for us especially for me having jaw pain it gives me more power how to overcome will,again thank you so much!