Wednesday, July 30, 2008

wish list???????

I just realized reading other blogs that I do not have a wish list for the post-surgery yet...and the surgery is in exactly one week. OMG! I guess I'll read Michelle's, Kem's, and Rachel's wish lists again and try to write mine. What would you really recommend to buy? What did you really think you couldn't do anything without?
I also have a very important question to ask those people who already went through the surgery. I have a 6 months old baby, when do you think I will be able to hold her again after the surgery? I was wondering whether I can find something like those plastic cones that we use for dog after surgery so that they cannot touch their scars...but for human. Any thoughts?

Thank you very much

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I was told not to hold babies after surgery since they tend to want head butt people. Their big heads are so wobbly that they tend to knock people in the mouth. I know you can't go without holding her, but I would just keep her away from your face. My dog got overly excited while playing one day and knocked in the chin. I thought I was going to cry! Just play it safe.

Kam said...

I ended up not getting the zip n' squeeze, and I haven't needed them. I hear some surgeons give them out, but it's really more of their call on how they want you to eat after surgery. So ask them what is best for you.

I also got free ice packs from the hospital, but I'd recommend buying something for heat too. You can buy a heat sock at almost any store, in the first aid section, or you can make your own. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Rice-Sock

Buy tissues, I was drooling a lot after I got home, or in case of nose bleeds. Having a big plastic bowl is handy, too, to discard tissues and stuff when you're too tired to get out of bed. Or in case you get sick.
I didn't get the jaw wrap, but I still think it would be something handy that I wish I had.

Anonymous said...

Goodness, the headbytting. I got headbutted by a cat and that hurt enough, so I'd second what Rachel says about holding babies.. :-)

mylene