Thursday, August 7, 2008

post-surgery time

Hi everybody, thank you very much for your support and for your positive thoughts. You have been so helpful!
The surgery went really well, at least my OS said so, in fact yesterday they sent me home. The surgery was around 10.00 and by 6pm I was already at home. The last thing I remember before the surgery is a nurse asking if someone could sing in Italian for me, then black out.
When I woke up I had a little bit of nausea but I immediately ask for medications against nausea, I was too much scared of vomiting all that blood that I was swallowing. In fact I did not vomit blood. But I am still bleeding a lot from my nose. Last night I could sleep 5-6 hours total. Not bad at all. Today I probably feel worst than yesterday, but it is a pretty bearable pain. I am trying to drink a lot (water, juices, milk,...) but that's about it. I know that the real pain should be tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, so I ma hanging in there waiting for those bad days to come.
As soon as I feel better, I'll post some pictures of the post surgery.
Thanks again for being so supportive

6 comments:

Kam said...

feel better soon! Once you get past the 4th day, you should feel worlds better.
I'm suprised they let you out so early, but my doctor anted to let me go the same day, too. My mom was like "oooh no. she's staying for a day" and I'm really grateful I did. But its nice to be home, too.

Caitlin said...

Good to hear your surgery went well! And like Kam said, after day 4 it's all gravy =) If I could offer advice I'd say be diligent about taking your pain meds, they make a huge difference. Rest up and get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe they sent you home on the same day! Thankfully your parents should have rallied round to look after you by now. Wow. Sleeping 5-6 hours a night is pretty good! Best of luck for the next few days.

mylene

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery was a great success - no vomiting blood, either. That's wonderful!! And that's so awesome that someone sang in Italian for you. Well, I hope you take it easy these next few days!

:0)
M

Lori G. said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well. I can't believe you went home the same day. Days 3 and 4 are the worst. Take your pain meds and keep drinking. Take it easy!

cookieyum said...

So glad to hear from you and that everything went well. I know most mom's of newborns try to do too much even when they dont feel well. Don't! Let those around you take care of you and dont feel guilty to just lay around. This is the time you need to recover.
Best wishes.
Mo-Mo