Sunday, August 3, 2008

Limbo

Yes, that's it, that is exactly how I feel now: I feel like "in a limbo".
Definitions of limbo (from Wikipedia).
1) Religious definition: In Roman Catholic theology, Limbo (Latin limbus, edge or boundary, referring to the "edge" of Hell) is a hypothetical afterlife condition of those who die in original sin without being assigned to the Hell of the damned (gehenna).

2)limbo in pop culture: The band Radiohead have a song titled In Limbo on their 2000 album Kid A. In The Matrix Revolutions, the main character, Neo, finds himself in a state of limbo in the form of a subway station named "Mobil Avenue" that is between the Matrix and the Source. "Mobil" is an anagram of "limbo.

3)Limbo as a colloquialism: Differing slightly from the original meaning, in colloquial speech, "limbo" is any status where a person or project is held up, and nothing can be done until another action happens.

Yes, that's how I feel! I feel like I am suspended in a status where from one hand I do not want the time to pass because I am too scared, from the other I can't wait to get over it and move on because most part of my thoughts turns around the surgery, how it is going to be, how bad is the post surgery, how is the healing process...and so on...AAAAHHHHH this is driving me crazyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lori G. said...

I know how you are feeling. I had those feelings too. The waiting was driving me crazy but I was very scared about the surgery and the recovery. Being 2 weeks post-op, I can honestly say that I would do it all over again. The waiting was worse than the actual surgery and recovery. I had 2 really bad days and from that point on I have made improvement every day. How you are feeling is very normal.

Michelle said...

Lori's right - the anticipation is nerve wracking. The suspense can be overwhelming, at least it was for me. But hang in there - you'll be on the post-op side soon!

:0)
M

Anonymous said...

All I can say is : EAT, woman! Eat as if your life depended on it! (well, I guess it does..) Enjoy it while you can. I ate like there was no tomorrw, put on a little bit of weight (it dropped off soon enough post-surgery) and cooking kept me busy.:-)
You're almost there!!

mylene