Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 6

It's been a while I have not post anything, but I was hoping to write something like Yay! I feel better now! Well, it's not really like this. From one point of view day 2, day 3, and day 4 were really bad, probably the worst, but from the other point of view, day 5 and day 6 are not much better. The numbness in some points of my face is going away, so I feel more pain inside my mouth, I guess, where I was cut and stitch it back. Yesterday one (or more I have not idea) of the stitches got entangled in one hook, it hurt like crazy. So when I took the strong pain medication I was able to disentangle it. But is still hurts. I am still pretty swollen, even if my mom says that my neck went down a lot.
Oral hygiene: Is it possible that I can't brush my teeth yet, I am always trying but except from the three teeth front up and the three teeth front down I can't brush anything else.
Skin: my skin is very oily, and since I can't feel all of it yet, I do not feel comfortable to exfoliate it.
Nose: my nose is doing much better, yesterday the last big "scab" (I do not know if it's the right English word to use) went off. So now I can breath a little easier than before.
Food: Ouch! This is a disaster! I need to eat a lot because I am still nursing my baby, but It is almost impossible. My mom and I do not know what to blend anymore. We tried all kind of vegetable soup with chicken broth, yesterday she blended also a chicken breast in the soup, and these are for lunch and dinner, in the morning I am drinking the ensure and in the afternoon a very nutritious fruit smoothies with 4 or 5 different kind of fruit, vanilla ice cream and milk. But I still need to eat more.
On Wednesday I have the appointment with my OS: I do not know whether I am happy to see him or not: I would be happy because I am curious to know how I am doing, but I am scared because I do not know what to expect from that visit.
That's pretty much it. Well, I want to thank all of you again, when I feel bad and blue I know that other people went through this same experience and now they are doing well. It's just a matter of time. Time will heal everything. Thank you very much.

PS: I post some pictures but they are day 5 pictures.
day 6 post op

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lotti, hang in there! Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. If it makes you feel better I felt like shit for at least 8 days and I wanted my head cut off so it would be over and done with!
This hook getting tangled in your sutures sounds HORRIBLE, kudos for managing to get it out. Ouch.
Eating IS nearly impossible, no matter what you'll feel that you're not eating enough because it's liquid and psychologically we want solids into our bellies.. Fortunately your mum's there to help. When I was on liquids I went through every kind of soup I could get my hands on, and added cream or coconut milk and powdered protein.

Again, hang in there!!
hugs
mylene

Kam said...

It's hard, but it keeps getting better from this point on. I'm so sorry to hear about your stitches story. Ouch!
If you need extra nutrients, my mom bought me a jug of protein powder that I can mix into food or drink (I mix it into my oatmeal), and it adds some calories in there, too. Perhaps you should look into getting some.

Also, healthy juice drinks like v-8 fusion (tastes like juice, but offers servings of fruits and veggies).

Good luck! *hugs*

holski said...

Hey Lotti!
I found your blog on Kam's page. I hope you are feeling better soon. =) Time will fly and you'll be feeling like yourself in no time.

judith said...

Hi, I hope you are feeling better soon. My favourite post surgery ( 3 weeks ago today) treats are smoked salmon chowder, chocolate mousse, cheesecake filling and hot chocolate made with lots of real dark chocolate.

I've found that the meat and vegetables the rest of the family are having e.g last nights thai chicken curry can be made into soup by adding a cooked potato and hot water and blending it all together.

Good luck with your recovery

Rachel said...

I hope you have checked out our website "Jaw Dropping Blends", there are some food ideas on there. Also, keep in mind that if you can eat it, you can blend it. Seriously, you can blend ANYTHING! All you have to do is thin it down with milk or broth. I blended Vietnamese noodle bowls with chicken, enchiladas, etc. Always make sure to strain it at first too so you don't get pieces of food stuck in places you can't clean. Its also good to blend in big batches and save the leftovers in tupperwares so that you can have some on hand quick when you're super hungry. Hang in there, this is the most frustrating time but it will all pass.