Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 11 post op

Today is day 11 post op. How do I feel? Well, I definitely feel much better day by day, even though I still feel numb in many parts of my face. I think that I look better than I feel, and most of the pain is inside my mouth. I still have that nerve pain and I've found out that the pain comes from a tooth whose nerve must be exposed, and the band is touching that spot. My OS simply told me to take the band off until I do not feel pain anymore, but that would probably mean keep the bands on longer. No way! I try to live with that pain.
Anyway the real problem is FOOOOOOD! I know I can blend everything (I also blended pasta) but it does not taste as good, plus, my family is barbecuing almost every day, everything smells and looks so good! When will I be able to eat normally again? This is really frustrating.
Luckily in the last few days I have been able to spend a lot of time with my beautiful daughter, I try to be super careful but it's so wonderful to play with her, cuddle her and hold her...I only wonder what she thinks when she looks at me and I have this weird, funny, asymmetric smile :)
I'll post some pictures from day 6 to today.
day 6 post op

day 9 post op

day 11 post op

3 comments:

cookieyum said...

It really seems like you are improving, less bruising and swelling day by day. Glad that your enjoying spending time w/your family. Hope your pain starts to subside soon.

Kam said...

My goodness! You look amazing for day 11! Your little girl is so adorable. I've got that asymmetric smile too, hehee!

I completely understand what you mean about food!! The day I came home from the hospital my family had pizza, and it smelled soo good. I tried blending a few things that were just a no-go. Have you seen my recipe for lentils on the Jaw Dropping Blends site? It might be something yo want to try, it blends pretty well, and it is full of nutrients that are great for when nursing, too.

http://jawblends.blogspot.com/2008/08/sgt-peppers-lentil-hearts-club-stew.html

Good Luck! You're looking great!

mc said...

Ah, the smells of barbecue when all you can manage is soup.. I feel your pain! If we could add some powdered patience into blended food, now would be the time! :-)
I'm at 9 weeks post op and I can't eat normally, even though a little progress is made every day; I don't think I could manage meat for example.

mylene
www.chinderella.wordpress.com