Sunday, November 30, 2008

The last few hours with braces

It's been long time I have not posted anything on this blog, but I haven't had much time lately: a baby, a full time job, a house and a husband is a lot and the time is never enough.
However, I had to find some time to write about my last few hours with my braces.
The 27th of October I went to see the OS for the 3 months post-op visit, he was very happy about the healing and the positioning of the teeth.
The 12th of November I went to my Orthodontics and he looked at my mouth and he said that everything looked fine...as he did since the 2 weeks post-op visit tough....then he said I'll see you in three weeks and I'll take your braces off......YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.... I screamed and then laughed out loud..I could not believe it!!! The last three weeks have been very long, but in ten hours I'll be braceless. I can't imagine how it will be having "naked" teeth! I am also a little bit nervous because some teeth are still very very sensitive, in particular the ones in the upper right, and I think it's going to be painful when he has to take the cement off...but it will be a nice pain ;)
My journey is finally almost over (almost because I still have to put implants on!!!).
I'll write about the braceless experience soon...and I'll post the picture of the new me too!

5 comments:

ummul said...

Lotti, congratulations!

Your teeth have been "naked"!

I'm sure, now you have a more beautiful smile.
I can't wait to see your picture soon. I can't wait to see the new you, Lotti!

:-)

Kam said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see your new smile!

V said...

Congratulations Lotti, looking forward to seeing the pictures!! :) xx

Jaw Surgery Brandon said...

Hey Lottie,

I'm Brandon from the Jaw Surgery Blog.

I just wanted to congratulate you on a successful surgery, and it would be a great help to others and future patients that are going to be going through the same thing you did if you could share your story and experience.

I'd love to get as many people to share their story as possible in one organized place, so people just like us won't be as scared, and they too can have a successful surgery.

All you have to do is write a quick summary of how the process was for you, in as much or as little detail as you like. For example, you could include how you felt right before surgery, how you felt after, what the sensations were like, what you wish you had known before, or anything else you can think of that will make the process a little bit easier for someone else.

To help, just go here:

http://www.jawsurgeryblog.com/forums/topic/help-future-jaw-surgery-patients

If you have any questions at all or trouble posting your story, just let me know, and I'll be glad to help you help others!

Thanks again,
Brandon

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is big help for us especially for me having jaw and ear pain it gives me more power how to overcome,again thank you so much!